About me

I'm very new to blogging, it's something I decided to do when I was diagnosed with uterine cancer as a way of organising my thoughts and something to do while I recuperate.

I've enjoyed reading other themed blogs and when I saw @himupnorth asking for volunteers to be tagged, I thought why not. I love his tweets and The Blog Up North and recommend a follow and read!

This meme originated from Kerry Jean Lister and is based on The Guardian's Q&A feature

I found some of these questions really hard but others so easy. Hope you learn a little bit about me!

Which living person do you most admire, and why? It has to be my sister, Joy. She is always so upbeat, regardless of what life throws at her!

When were you happiest? I can't pinpoint one moment, I try and stay upbeat most of the time. Even on bad days I can always find something to laugh at! But if pushed staying with my Nan for holidays.

What was your most embarrassing moment? A recent one (because I have a lot!) involved David Walliams from Little Britain fame. The company I work for arranged for him to be a guest speaker at a conference in November last year. We were given the opportunity to ask questions. I asked if he was planning to write another biography following on from the Little Britain one I'd enjoyed reading. He said 'ahhh that one! £12.99 from all good book stores' At which point I said 'Oh I didn't buy it. I borrowed it from the library' Room in uproar, David Walliams actually laughed, and I just wanted the floor to open and swallow me up.

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought? It would have to be a car, our trusty Zafira

What is your most treasured possession? My lovely, beautiful German Shepherd, Fritz. He gives me so much pleasure and makes me laugh every day with his antics






Where would you like to live? I really fancy living in London. Mind you, would never be able to afford it!

What’s your favourite smell? Cut grass or freesia's

Who would play you in the film of your life? Dawn French

What is your favourite book? Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel (plus all the subsequent books in the series)

What is your most unappealing habit? I say no, a lot!

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice? Something which would cover me up, so a nun's habit

What is your earliest memory? Cutting my leg on a fence, I must have been just over two.

What is your guiltiest pleasure? I love watching TV, a lot!

What do you owe your parents? I am who I am, because of them.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why? My kids. I worked full-time and sometimes think I wasn't around as much as I could have been.

What or who is the greatest love of your life? Mr C. He has a lot to put up with!

What does love feel like? Its warm, its comforting, it glows and twinkles. Makes me feel special and safe.

What was the best kiss of your life? The first time I kissed my baby daughter.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse? When writing I use ! too much. I asked Mr C about this one and he suggested I say 'we are going to do this....' (too controlling, me thinks!)

What is the worst job you’ve done? It was my first job, part-time in a newsagents. I hated the boss (he had wonky eyes, I never knew if he was looking at me or not!) and he only ever told me what I couldn't do. Never encouraged or showed me the right way to do things. I got the sack! Incidentally my sister worked for him as well, a year after I left. She eventually told him to stuff his job up his jacksy. Another reason I admire her!

If you could edit your past, what would you change? I can honestly say nothing. I have no regrets. I wouldn't be who I am without the things I've experienced. I like me, so why would I go back and change them?

What is the closest you’ve come to death? Umm, I nearly had a burst appendix when I was 13, but it wasn't dramatic or anything

What do you consider your greatest achievement? Raising my two beautiful kids, who are turning into wonderful adults.

When did you last cry, and why? Earlier this week from pain following the hysterectomy. Mind you, I cry at the drop of a hat at the moment, hormone's don't you know

How do you relax? Watching TV!

What single thing would improve the quality of your life? A self cleaning house.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you? Shit happens, its how you handle it that makes the difference.

What would your answers be to some of these questions? Add a comment and let me know, I can then learn a little bit about you as well.

I'm passing the baton onto a couple of willing victims/volunteers.

Giles King who like me is brand new to blogging The Dumbest Scientist and @JfB57 What will Julia do next? and @alittlebit alittlebit

Enjoy and don't forget to add some of your own answers



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! It was great to find out a bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently went to a fancy dress party (for the first time as an adult) and I dressed up as a strawberry. It was great fun!

    I overuse the word really. Every time I write a post I have to edit 'really'. I'm an enthusiastic person ;-).

    I would LOVE a self-cleaning house. Would it tidy too?

    ReplyDelete