Meal Planning Monday (2nd January 2012)

Like most people at this time of year, I have decided today is the day I go back onto the Slimming World eating plan! I need to! I've put on nearly 20 lbs since I stopped following, and Christmas hasn't helped. I'm just thankful I gave my old 'fat' jeans away or I may have been tempted to carry on eating! Actually, no I wasn't tempted. This year I AM going to lose at least another 3 stone (on top of the 20 lbs which have crept on!) so I need to be committed to it.


The easiest thing for me is to meal plan and then link with Mrs M's brilliant Meal Planning Monday, to keep me on track (and makes sure I do it!) The first week I find is the hardest (all the more so because there are still too many Christmas goodies around the house) but here goes!


In no particular order we are having (because I don't cook anything different for the rest of the family)


*Butter Bean and Cumin Soup (syn free)
*Pumpkin and Butternut Squash Risotto (Think its about 4 syns, am adapting a recipe)
Spaghetti Bolognaise and salad (syn free)
Dry Fried Eggs,  Beans and Slimming World Chips (syn free)
Pasta Bake and vegetables (syn free)
Cottage Pie with plenty of vegetables (syn free)
Chickpea and Red Roasted Pepper Pilaf (syn free)


* will blog the recipe once I've tried them!


Am planning on having a lot of Slimming World Super Speed Soup for lunches at work to get my first week going really well! And breakfast's will be eggs or beans on toast. 


Bought a lot of throw away freezer containers for the left overs which I can then have on standby for when I don't want to cook from scratch


Have just done my weekly shop for this and it came to £69.19 which I didn't think was bad. Take a look here if you want to see the whole list! 


So there you go, my first week back on plan. Check back next week and see how much I have lost and if you want some inspiration for your own meal planner, don't forget to take a look at At Home with Mrs M!















No comments:

Post a Comment