Reasons to be Cheerful Week 6 #R2BC


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
I can sense a theme here, another extremely late posting again to join with Michelle of Mummy from the Heart but anyone who knows or follows will forgive me. I hope dear reader you do too!

I have had to really dig deep to write the post and keep my integrity. I've got an agreement to never misrepresent myself and have had to really pull myself up and out of a spiral to eventual emotional meltdown. 2012 is turning out to be very challenging.

Some great things have happened this week.

- I attended a brilliant course for work, which I'll talk about another time, but I know will change things for me
- Realisation of what a wonderfully supportive bunch of people I've the pleasure of working with.
- Total strangers sometimes offer the most supportive shoulders to cry on, literally
- I got to spend some time laughing with my daughter when I visited on Thursday
- I also spent a few hours with my sister (long car journey and several hours sat in a waiting room)

However these 'highlights' of my week have come at a high price as #Ted the Tumour is now real. The consultant on Friday confirmed there is a 90% chance its cancerous. My positive outlook has taken a big bashing. In fact it feels like I've not only been hit over the head with a dustbin, but trampled by a herd of elephants afterwards too!

There are a lot of people out there rooting for me, MrC and my kids, my family, friends, Twitter and Facebook people, blog readers and so on.

So I stand by what I said last week, I am lucky. Not only that it was found, but also because of the support I will continue to get, as I fight

And I may also be one of the 10%

No comments:

Post a Comment