Reasons to be Cheerful Week 23 #R2BC





Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


I like to look back at the week on Friday's and record some of the good bits and link up with Michelle from Mummy from the Heart

I finally came home on Saturday from Mum and Dad's. Its great to sleep in your own bed. I was being waited on hand and foot and it was brilliant, but being home means I am moving around more, which has got to be a good thing! 

I finished a lot of my last crochet project, a shrug. However I have no idea how to finish it off! The pattern has me flummoxed, so am going to take it round to my Mum and see if between us we can work it out! So in the meantime I've started a new project, a linked motif poncho type top. It's made up of squares, which are joined up as you go along. I need over 90! Going to look great though when I've finished.

I also meal planned, did the internet grocery shop for the ingredients and cooked a couple of meals from it too! I'm over the moon about that. Everything I can do to get things back to normal the better

I've lost 4 pounds in weight! Yay! Before my last operation I had gone totally off plan, was eating what I wanted when I wanted and was practically wallowing in chocolate because I was feeling very sorry for myself. I'm very pleased that post op, even through the soreness and pain, I've managed to eat sensibly. Long may it continue!

Had my first drugs trial appointment which although I had a few issues (see here for the post) it went well. They're very pleased with my progress considering I was only 10 days post op. I love it when the medical profession say that because I always think I should be feeling better than I actually do. Makes me realise I'm being a bit hard on myself.

Today (Friday) I've a scan to check I don't have any other tumours hiding away. Its a big deal, but can't put into words how I feel about it, maybe post something over the weekend. I get the results on Tuesday and then start the drugs proper on Wednesday. Exciting, worrying and the emotions in between. Light at the end of the tunnel comes to mind.

So next week will involve at least 3 hospital appointments, good job I'm good at waiting! 

It's been a busy week, I'm improving well, today I'm feeling good. That's why I do this meme, to think, record and keep hold of this feeling for when things aren't as great.



No comments:

Post a Comment